Our Visitor Centre is open all year, and with birds flying every day at 1pm throughout the year and at 3:30pm from March to October (weather permitting), it makes a great afternoon out! No pre-booking required.
The Falconry Centre was established in 1983 and currently houses over 80 birds of prey including various species of Eagles, Vultures, Buzzards, Owls, Kestrels, Falcons and Hawks from around the world.
There are over 30 species including the Snowy Owl, Barn Owl, Eagle Owl, American and British Kestrels, Peregrine Falcon, Golden Eagle, Bald Eagle, and Griffon Vulture to name a few.
2023 Admission Prices
|Ticket||Without Gift Aid||With Gift Aid|
Age 5 – 16
Age 4 and under
Seniors (65+), Disabled, Registered
Carer, Student, NHS
2 Adults & 2 Children
What is Gift Aid?
If you are a UK taxpayer and you make a voluntary donation of at least 10% of your admission fee, we can claim Gift Aid. As we are a registered charity (No. 1191207), Gift Aid means that we get an extra 25p from HMRC for every £1 you have spent. This helps us to feed and care for our birds.
Summer (March to October)
Monday to Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Last Admission at 4.00 pm
1pm – main flying display throughout the year
3:30pm – flying display from March to October
Winter (1st November to 29th February)
Tuesday – Sunday: 11am – 2:30pm
Last admission 2pm
1pm – flying display
The Falconry Centre is closed Easter Sunday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
All opening hours are subject to staff availability, weather conditions and the health and safety of our birds. The Falconry Centre reserves the right to refuse entry
During Your Visit
During your visit, you can:
- Expect a friendly welcome
- Look around the aviaries and see our varied collection of birds of prey – the visitor centre is fully wheelchair/pushchair accessible
- See daily flying displays at 1pm throughout the year, and 3:30pm from April to October (weather permitting)
- Meet at close quarters our free flying Eagles, Hawks, Falcons and Owls
- Complete a Children’s Activity Trail, free with each child’s admission ticket (subject to availability)
- Take photographs of the flying birds at the centre without the hindrance of wire netting
- Visit our gift shop to purchase a souvenir to remember your visit
- Enjoy morning coffee, light lunch or afternoon tea in the garden centre café
Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the visitor centre.
We are the number 1 visitor attraction in our area and carry a 5-star rating on TripAdvisor; previous visitors have described us as a “great place to visit for children and adults” and an “entertaining display of raptors by enthusiastic falconers all of whom showed a genuine affection for the birds. These wonderful birds of prey provided a demonstration… and interaction with the visiting audience which was delightful… I thoroughly recommend a visit.”
The Falconry Centre, Hagley, holds a current zoo licence and has full public liability insurance.