Our Visitor Centre is open all year, and with birds flying every day at 1pm (weather permitting), it makes a great afternoon out! No pre-booking required.
The Falconry Centre was established in 1983 and currently houses over 80 birds of prey including various species of Eagles, Vultures, Buzzards, Owls, Kestrels, Falcons and Hawks from around the world.
There are over 30 species including the Snowy Owl, Barn Owl, American and British Kestrels, Peregrine Falcon, Golden Eagle, Bald Eagle, Griffon Vulture and Raven to name a few.
2021 Admission Prices
Summer (March to October)
Monday to Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Last Admission at 4.00 pm
Winter (November to February)
Closed Mondays (except 27/12/21 and 21/02/22)
- November: 11am – 3:30pm Tuesday to Sunday
- December (1st to 23rd): 12noon – 2:30pm Tuesday to Friday, 11am – 3:30pm Weekends
- 24th December to 2nd January: 12noon – 2:30pm (closed 25th & 26th)
- January (3rd to 31st): 12noon – 2:30pm Tuesday to Friday, 11am – 3:30pm Weekends
- February: 11am – 3:30pm Tuesday to Sunday
During winter time, last admission will be 30 minutes before closing. The Falconry Centre is closed Easter Sunday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
All opening hours are subject to staff availability, weather conditions and the health and safety of our birds. The Falconry Centre reserves the right to refuse entry.
During Your Visit
During your visit, you can:
- Expect a friendly welcome
- Look around the aviaries and see our varied collection of birds of prey
- See daily flying displays from 1pm (weather permitting)
- Meet at close quarters our free flying Eagles, Hawks, Falcons and Owls
- Complete a Children’s Activity Trail, free with each child’s admission ticket (subject to availability)
- Take photographs of the flying birds at the centre without the hindrance of wire netting
- Visit our gift shop to purchase a souvenir to remember your visit
- Enjoy morning coffee, light lunch or afternoon tea in the garden centre café
Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the visitor centre.
We are the number 1 visitor attraction in our area and carry a 5-star rating on TripAdvisor; previous visitors have described us as a “great place to visit for children and adults” and an “entertaining display of raptors by enthusiastic falconers all of whom showed a genuine affection for the birds. These wonderful birds of prey provided a demonstration… and interaction with the visiting audience which was delightful… I thoroughly recommend a visit.”
The Falconry Centre, Hagley, holds a current zoo licence and has full public liability insurance.